Friday, May 11, 2012

When I became a Man

Found this from a very special friend! A tard long but is an ocean of truth!
Enjoy!!


When I became a man 
I put away childish things 
But before I became a man 
I didn’t always fit the shoes of a King 
I was a child trying to find his way 
The toys I played with kept my eyes occupied 
And left my eyes in a lustful boyish frenzy 
My playmates had long legs, short skirts and soft skin 
They cared enough to lie down and wallow with me often 
Jezebel turned out to be my very best friend 
I’d look in her eyes before ever seeing the sunrise 
Every time I paid her a visit and slept in 


Before I became a man 
I saw how God made Adam from dust 
So likewise I tried to make love out of lust 
I didn’t know any better 
I was taught by example 
 “Let your mouth spit game, but never let your heart say much, ” 
I treated his daughters like beauty pageant contestants 
There would be zero return on their investments 
Proverbs 31 was never a criterion for my selection 
Keep in mind this was before I became a man 


 Before I became a man 
I would unlock my curse and throw away the key 
I allowed anger to set up a construction company inside 
Bitterness never rested 
It left no time wasted 
Whether Father loved me or not 
All I could regurgitate was hatred 
I became allergic to showing any form of compassion 


Before I became a man 
I was much shorter 
Not just in height but in spiritual insight 
Because I never had a picture 
Nor did Pixar ever have a film 
Showing me what God’s man really looked like 


But when I became man Oh, 
When I became a man 
I learned how to love Father God right back 
Even though I’m good at falling short of the glory 
I reflect on my story 
Through my praise 
I’ll self publish a testimony 
When I became a man 
I learned how to cry 
Because I’m not ashamed of my tears 
Since I became a man 
I’m no longer afraid of the dark 
I’ll wrap my hands around James 5: 16 
Confess, Pray, and Heal my Heart 


 I have discovered something 
That there are medicinal qualities 
Right down the corridor of introspection 
When I became a man 
I learned how to love her My Esther, My Ruth 
I learned how to honor her like she was Jesus’ mother 
Because one day she’ll be pregnant 
With the seed that will transport my legacy 
So that my God and my name will both have longevity 
Even after they bury me 


I could not love her before 
Because I was not able 
My insecurities and my perfectionism had me 
Looking in on the next best player 
That was checking in at the scorer’s table 
How could I possibly be her covering? 
When I was an umbrella with holes in it 
But I learned to love her like I ought to 
Because I want Him to be my Father and my Father-in-law 
Since that’s his daughter 


When I became a man 
I learned to love my brother 
I’ll share my heart, my hug and my hallelujah 
Because a hug and a hallelujah without my heart 
Leaves room for his spirit to respond with “I never knew you” 
I became a man so that when he became a man He would know a man 
Who picked up the gospel and put the toys away 


 When I became a man

No comments:

Post a Comment