Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wiser...

Gosh! It's been over a year since I last wrote!
So much has happened in my life.. And these words say just a flimsy bit.. I hope you like this piece.

*************************************************************************************

I now know I haven’t been the first
And just like light, truth has travelled fast
I now know that it could have been a lie
And like a labouring woman I did cry.
They say the writings were on the wall
But it took me everything to see that, my all
That where there is smoke, it’s definitely a blaze
And these lessons what an inferno they have raised!
Don’t ask how much I’ve burnt
See the scars I have earned
Don’t think of how I could be hurt
See the tears I have gathered.


I now know I had to go through the fire
For the diamond that I am to shine
I now know I had to walk through the tire
For the champ in me to fly
I now know I had to sulk and wallow
For me to get this joy I just cannot fathom
I now know I had to wake up
For my dream to be real.

I now know I had to shut up
For Your voice to speak.
I now know I had to run away
For me to You, be closer
I now know I had to stray
For me, in You, to be deeper.

I now know I had to screw up
For me to be wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment